UV troubles

After a long day and night of trying to re-UV my low-poly model, sadly the deadline rolled rover before I could complete the project. I will be trying to finish the steps I couldn’t get to in my own time, as I am passionate about the object and learning the skills.

I received some help from classmates, but sadly the UV mapping went too wrong too many times to achieve anything further.

 

Better luck next time I guess. Can;t say I’m not disappointed that I couldn’t get passed this point…

 

uv.PNG

Advertisements

Low Ploy – UVs

An often overlooked task – I thought UVing my model would be a rather quick process. But as of writing, I’ve spent a countless amount of hours doing and re-doing the UV mapping for my low-poly model.

I have never UV-mapped a model before, and being a rather confident tailor I was sure that I would have no trouble – As one of my classmates described the task as similar to laying out a sewing pattern.

 

Although this mindset is similar. My unfamiliarity with the process has hindered my progress. along with being at it so long and being to the point of exhaustion – This might not be finished by the deadline at the end of the day if it continues at it;s current speed.

 

for the next project I will have to plan my time a little more effectively, as several tasks like this have slowed me down over the project. Although i have learnt a lot by trail and error, the stress of having to re-do the same task four times has killed my enthusiasm.

 

Zbrush

Capture2

 

After exporting my super smooth model from Maya, I imported it part by part into maya. Subdivided it into the millions of tris and added some so-very-high-definition texture to it.

 

the process was really easy after getting the settings and the workflow down. Click and drag, smooth back, rince & repeat.

My notes:

  • Divide
  • Store morph target
  • Zsub (Not add)
  • Brush: Standard
  • Stoke: DragRect
  • Alpha: Uploaded Texture
  • Click + Drag
  • Swap to Morph brush to smooth back

Here are some of the textures I very heavily modified from stock images to make my textures:

 

And after following this process x8 times, we’re finally done with Zbrush and can export everything as a .OBJ

 

Maya Model Complete!

Capture7

Here is my complete Maya model!

For curiosity as motivation, I took a little time to align all my parts to view the “finished” Maya model:

And to compare to the real thing, here are some photos of the exact Beyblade I’ve been using for reference. Dranzer-F (Blue):

I must admit I’m pleased with how accurate I’ve been!

 

Next: ZBRUSH!